IBM ThinkPad R51/T42p
p***@iet.unipi.it
2004-06-29 13:29:50 UTC
Hi to everybody. I'm going to buy a notebook and I would like to
take a Thinkpad. I've seen some offers for R51 and T42p on ebay.
Can anyone tell me how they behave with FreeBSD
(ACPI, Modem, LAN, Video)?

Thank you
Paolo Valente
a***@rfc2549.org
2004-06-30 12:13:29 UTC
--=-=-=
Hi,
I have a T42p running RELENG_5.2.1_RELEASE.
5.2-CURRENT doesn't boot if I have the cd/dvd-multiburner
attached.
Post by p***@iet.unipi.it
Hi to everybody. I'm going to buy a notebook and I would like to
take a Thinkpad. I've seen some offers for R51 and T42p on ebay.
Can anyone tell me how they behave with FreeBSD
(ACPI,
works fine so far (S3, battery status, cpu speed), usb doesn't work
after a suspend and wakeup cycle.
runtime cpu setting does not work on centrinos so far, it just stays
the speed the notebook had while booting.
Post by p***@iet.unipi.it
Modem,
didn't try
Post by p***@iet.unipi.it
LAN,
on-board Gigabit Ethernet is supported (em0)
WLAN is also supported (intel wireless 2100, if_ipw or atheros
(if you want 802.11a/b/g))
--
compiling millions of tiny c-programs...done
checking for a working configure script... not found

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--
b***@spc.org
2004-07-09 18:37:58 UTC
--OaZoDhBhXzo6bW1J
Post by a***@rfc2549.org
runtime cpu setting does not work on centrinos so far, it just stays
the speed the notebook had while booting.
If anyone can point me at code for this, or documentation which might
explain how to write the necessary supporting code, I'll have a look at it.

Regards,
BMS

--OaZoDhBhXzo6bW1J

--OaZoDhBhXzo6bW1J--
s***@web.de
2004-07-10 13:30:09 UTC
hi,
Post by a***@rfc2549.org
runtime cpu setting does not work on centrinos so far, it just stays
the speed the notebook had while booting.
hhmm i'm a bit confused ... i have an asus m2400n which is a centrino
and when i change hw.acpi.cpu.throttle_state the cpu speed changes
definitively too ...

so runtime cpu speed setting seems to work for me ...

(...)

regards,
seb
--
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add,
but when there is nothing left to take away."
--- Antoine de St. Exupery, Wind, Sand, and Stars, 1939
a***@rfc2549.org
2004-07-10 17:57:34 UTC
Post by s***@web.de
hi,
Post by a***@rfc2549.org
runtime cpu setting does not work on centrinos so far, it just stays
the speed the notebook had while booting.
hhmm i'm a bit confused ... i have an asus m2400n which is a centrino
and when i change hw.acpi.cpu.throttle_state the cpu speed changes
definitively too ...
so runtime cpu speed setting seems to work for me ...
(...)
well that is not the centrino stepspeed stuff, but this has been
discussed over and over on current and mobile iirc.

Arne
o***@snafu.de
2004-07-02 17:49:35 UTC
I have a T42p running RELENG_5.2.1_RELEASE.
5.2-CURRENT doesn't boot if I have the cd/dvd-multiburner
attached.
Did you write a bugreport or did you find someone who feels responsible
for this problem? I have a R51 with the same problem.

Regards,

Oliver Fischer