3Com CXM756 PCMCIA Modem
j***@wingnet.net
2004-08-01 01:23:26 UTC
I read your posting about the 3Com CXM756 PCMCIA Modem
I happen to have FreeBSD 5.2.1-release and I cannot seem to get this
modem to function in FreeBSD 5.2.1-release at all. Is their some special
configuration that you used because the error message is what I get listed
at the bottom when I use this card. this is from the dmesg report.
I enabled pccard in /etc/rc.conf, but still it does not work.
And after checking the /etc/defaults/pccard.conf database this card is not
listed their as well.
CIS is too long -truncating
pccard1:Card has no functions
cbb1:PC Card activation failed.
Thanks for any help on the issue,
Raymond V Saldana
Hello Raymond,

I use a 3CXM756 with 5.2.1-RELEASE and NEWCARD on an IBM Thinkpad
A30p. However, I know some laptops have general cardbus/pccard problems.
Have you verified that other pccards work under FreeBSD with you laptop?

If not, what model do you have (please post response to freebsd-mobile list)?

Perhaps someone with the same model laptop can help you better than I.
--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,
http://www.wingnet.net
b***@orel.ru
2004-08-05 05:19:42 UTC
Hello!

Jesse Guardiani wrote:
| On Saturday 31 July 2004 18:25, ***@netzero.com wrote:
|
|>I read your posting about the 3Com CXM756 PCMCIA Modem
|>
|>I happen to have FreeBSD 5.2.1-release and I cannot seem to get this
|>modem to function in FreeBSD 5.2.1-release at all. Is their some special
|>configuration that you used because the error message is what I get listed
|>at the bottom when I use this card. this is from the dmesg report.
|>
|>I enabled pccard in /etc/rc.conf, but still it does not work.
|>And after checking the /etc/defaults/pccard.conf database this card is not
|>listed their as well.
|>
|>CIS is too long -truncating
|>pccard1:Card has no functions
|>cbb1:PC Card activation failed.
|>
|>Thanks for any help on the issue,
|>
|>Raymond V Saldana
|>***@netzero.com
|

| Hello Raymond,
|
| I use a 3CXM756 with 5.2.1-RELEASE and NEWCARD on an IBM Thinkpad
| A30p. However, I know some laptops have general cardbus/pccard problems.
| Have you verified that other pccards work under FreeBSD with you laptop?
|
| If not, what model do you have (please post response to freebsd-mobile list)?
|
| Perhaps someone with the same model laptop can help you better than I.

To Raymond V Saldana:

See PR kern/69127 <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/69127>.
Try my patch and post results into maillist or GNATS.

- --
With best regards,
Andrew Belashov.