Orinoco Wireless Card and Monitor Mode w/ Kismet - No Longer
s***@errno.com
2004-05-20 16:03:06 UTC
When I built from source I configured with --enable-syspcap and used
source=radiotap_fbsd_b,wi0,wtapb,10 as my source.
You didn't mention what kernel you're running. radiotap support should work
fine in current.

Sam
b***@spc.org
2004-05-20 17:01:23 UTC
An up to date kismet should do this automatically. There are versions of
tcpdump that can do this too, but I believe you need the version from the
ports tree as the mods haven't (yet) been incorporated in the system.
You need to build the net/tcpdump port with WITH_RADIOTAP set in order to
pick up the radiotap patches. These haven't been committed to tcpdump
CVS yet as far as I know.

Regards,
BMS