4.10-RC3 Apm Poweroff does not work
h***@rootshell.be
2004-05-22 17:46:06 UTC
Hello,

with a customized 4.10-RC3 APM poweroff does not work on my laptop
(Mitac). I can't make the GENERIC kernel run with APM. I tried
'en apm' in /boot/kernel.conf.
I had not tried 4.9 on the laptop, only 4.8. With 4.8 poweroff did
work.

Does it make sens to submit a problem report with a custom
configuration?

-Hanspeter
h***@rootshell.be
2004-05-22 21:31:10 UTC
Hello!
Post by h***@rootshell.be
Hello,
with a customized 4.10-RC3 APM poweroff does not work on my laptop
(Mitac). I can't make the GENERIC kernel run with APM. I tried
'en apm' in /boot/kernel.conf.
I had not tried 4.9 on the laptop, only 4.8. With 4.8 poweroff did
work.
Did you "halt -p" the system?
No I did "shutdown -p now". This did work with 4.8.
But "halt -p" does work with 4.10-RC3.
I thought that "shutdown" is more gracefully.

Kind regards

Hanspeter