Laptop recommendations?
c***@wadham.ox.ac.uk
2004-06-18 18:06:42 UTC
Ok, I think it's time for the quarterly freebsd-mobile laptop
recommendations thread again. :-)
I'm looking at buying a laptop in 1-2 weeks; my requirements
include 3+ hours of battery life, a touchpad, reasonably good
FreeBSD support, and a sane keyboard layout; a high resolution
display would also be nice, but I'm not at all concerned about
3D graphics.
What recommendations can people offer?

Colin Percival
j***@wingnet.net
2004-06-20 03:00:51 UTC
Patrick Hurrelmann wrote:

[...]
I only can recommend a Dell Latitude D600 :)
Especially with 3years on-site service on next day and insurance ;)
I got one my self and it is awesome. I'm no friend of ibm thinkpads.
Most of them have problem with bsd and their quality isn't as good as it
was in the past :/ (my fellow students all own ibm thinkpads t23 and their
quality is really crap).
:) I wonder how many of them have needed to use their warranty?
--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,