CRT/LCD key non-functional
k***@solaris.ru
2004-05-28 09:49:39 UTC
I have a Dell Inspiron 5000 running 4.10-PRERELEASE. The key combination
Fn+F8 is supposed to switch from the LCD screen output to the VGA port to
both and so on. This does not work when running X, but does work when I'm
in console mode. The other special keys that require Fn all work fine
(such as the ones to change the volume and screen brightness). However,
there is one other combination that doesn't work, which is Fn+NumLock =
ScrollLock. Again, this combination does work in console mode.
Unfortunately, I can't switch to the VGA port in console mode and then
switch back to X, it goes back to the LCD. I'd really like to get this
key working, since I do use this for presentations.
Check out XF86Config - it should have lines similar to this:

Section "Device"
Option "accel" "True" # [<bool>]
Option "crt_display" "True" # [<bool>]
Option "hw_cursor" "True" # [<bool>]
Option "panel_display" "True" # [<bool>]
Identifier "Card0"
Driver "ati"
VendorName "ATI"
BoardName "Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x"
ChipSet "ati"
ChipId 0x4c4d
ChipRev 0x64
BusID "PCI:1:0:0"

This way you will have output on both CRT & TFT.
--
BR,
Kirill Bezzubets CASE-RIPE CASE-RIPN
Solaris ISP & Telecommunications Co. Ltd http://www.solaris.ru
w***@SSL.Berkeley.EDU
2004-05-28 15:02:03 UTC
Hello Kirill,

Thanx for the help, I'll give that a try after I get back from a little
vacation.

Take care,
Benjamin Alan Weaver

--
a.k.a. The Dream Weaver

Und daher trinken himmlisches Feuer jetzt die Erdensoehnen ohne Gefahr.
--Johann Christian Friedrich Hoelderlin