sony vaio z1ra?
o***@enderunix.org
2004-06-03 21:13:29 UTC

I am planning to buy sony vaio z1ra. Is there anyone here who successfully
booted and used freebsd on this notebook? Or maybe other models of sony vaio
may be suggested?

REGARDS,

-----------------------
Omer Faruk Sen
http://www.EnderUNIX.ORG
Software Development Team @ Turkey
http://www.Faruk.NET
For Public key: http://www.enderunix.org/ofsen/ofsen.asc

First Turkish FreeBSD book is out! Go check it.
Duydunuz mu! Turkiye'nin ilk FreeBSD kitabi cikti.
http://www.acikkod.com/freebsd.php
j***@jes-2.demon.nl
2004-06-03 23:08:02 UTC
Post by o***@enderunix.org
Hi,
I am planning to buy sony vaio z1ra. Is there anyone here who successfully
booted and used freebsd on this notebook? Or maybe other models of sony
vaio may be suggested?
I bought a Sony VAIO ZX1-SMP last Friday. I have 5.2 current running,
with X, sound and Ethernet. Haven't tried wireless/bluetooth yet. So
far, I think it's a great laptop
Jim Segrave ***@jes-2.demon.nl
i***@bsdimp.com
2004-06-04 02:40:27 UTC
In message: <***@istanbul.enderunix.org>
Omer Faruk Sen <***@enderunix.org> writes:
: I am planning to buy sony vaio z1ra. Is there anyone here who successfully
: booted and used freebsd on this notebook? Or maybe other models of sony vaio
: may be suggested?

Two issues:

1) Disable ehci. It freaks out on the Z1WA that I have.

2) Turn the wireless switch off until after / is mounted.

Otherwise I'm running yesterday's current on mine.

Warner