laptop for -current
d***@corrupt.co.nz
2004-07-21 22:55:06 UTC
Anyone know a laptop they think is good for FreeBSd-current?
I have a Compaq Evo n800v.

Pros:
CPU Stepping works fine
XFree86 works fine with the monitor 15": ***@75 and the aux
s-video output.

Cons:
The CD-RW burns blanks though with 'cdrecord' and 'burncd'.
XFree86 doesn't like coming back up when I close the lid and open it
Suspend and Resume do not work.

Any help is appreciated for the following cons

- Drew
m***@gmail.com
2004-07-22 03:08:07 UTC
Post by d***@corrupt.co.nz
XFree86 doesn't like coming back up when I close the lid and open it
Suspend and Resume do not work.
Any help is appreciated for the following cons
- Drew
When you open your lid, go to another tty (e.g. hit CTRL+F2). Close
then open your lid so your screen comes back. Then hit CTRL+F9 to get
back in X.
d***@corrupt.co.nz
2004-07-22 03:38:04 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by d***@corrupt.co.nz
XFree86 doesn't like coming back up when I close the lid and open it
Suspend and Resume do not work.
Any help is appreciated for the following cons
- Drew
When you open your lid, go to another tty (e.g. hit CTRL+F2). Close
then open your lid so your screen comes back. Then hit CTRL+F9 to get
back in X.
Yes, I can get ti back after a few ctrl+alt+f1, ctrl+alt+f2 while
holding the lid switch and releasing it.

I just find it very very annoying.

- Drew