T41p and 5.2.1-RELEASE
t***@hodan.sk
2004-06-10 16:45:36 UTC
hi guys,

I just installed 5.2.1-R to my IBM T41p, with defaults boot it will
panic, unable to mount root. with disabled acpi it works, but I'm unable
to get ethernet to work. anyone had same problems? are my bios settings
wrong?

thx
tomas
d***@langille.org
2004-06-10 17:01:17 UTC
Post by t***@hodan.sk
I just installed 5.2.1-R to my IBM T41p, with defaults boot it will
panic, unable to mount root. with disabled acpi it works, but I'm
unable to get ethernet to work. anyone had same problems? are my bios
settings wrong?
Oh... This gets me concerned when I'm heading out to buy a T41
tomorrow.....

FWIW, did you try a FreeSBIE CD on this laptop? If so, did that go
OK?
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - http://www.bsdcan.org/
b***@spc.org
2004-06-10 17:14:02 UTC
Post by d***@langille.org
Oh... This gets me concerned when I'm heading out to buy a T41
tomorrow.....
FWIW, did you try a FreeSBIE CD on this laptop? If so, did that go
OK?
I would recommend building and installing sysutils/dmidecode tools onto
a floppy or similar so that you can determine all relevant information
about the T41p you intend to purchase.

Regards,
BMS
v***@vmunix.lt
2004-06-11 08:57:43 UTC
Post by t***@hodan.sk
hi guys,
I just installed 5.2.1-R to my IBM T41p, with defaults boot it will
panic, unable to mount root. with disabled acpi it works, but I'm unable
to get ethernet to work. anyone had same problems? are my bios settings
wrong?
Well, I have IBM ThinkPad T41 and everything works very well with
5-CURRENT. Please, try to install 5-CURRENT snapshot, not 5.2.1-R. Fetch &
burn from ftp://snapshots.jp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/ISO-IMAGES one
of images (in example 5.2-CURRENT-20040611-JPSNAP.iso). A lot of things
has been changed after 5.2.1-R :)
Post by t***@hodan.sk
thx
tomas