Very strange behavior of the special keys on a IBM T40
a***@rfc2549.org
2004-05-22 10:50:00 UTC

I have very strange and annoying problem with my T40. Whenever I press
some "special keys" like volume up/down brightness up/down, Thinklight
on/off FreeBSD just freezes.
This is with a current kernel.

Anyone any suggestion what I could do to narrow this down?

Arne
--
Ah, the beauty of OSS. Hundreds of volunteers worldwide volunteering
their time inventing and implementing new exciting ways of old fashioned wheels.
f***@altpeter.de
2004-05-22 11:34:13 UTC
Hello!
Post by a***@rfc2549.org
I have very strange and annoying problem with my T40. Whenever I press
some "special keys" like volume up/down brightness up/down, Thinklight
on/off FreeBSD just freezes.
This is with a current kernel.
Anyone any suggestion what I could do to narrow this down?
You could try to check these keys with ports/x11/xbindkeys .

With kind regards,

Frank Altpeter
--
FA-RIPE - ***@IRCNET - ***@ICQ
Member of the Open Business Club - http://www.openbc.com/
n***@cytexbg.com
2004-05-24 18:42:30 UTC
2004-05-30 19:38:02 UTC
I have a extra ultra bay battery but I makes no difference. :/
Could you send me your kernel config, maybe I have something weird in
my config?
Okay, I tried your kernel config but the same result brightness
up/down freezes the kernel.
Without acpi the kernel freezes after something like 1-2 minutes :(
Sorry about the late response, but it seems you found my config anyway.

I have never experienced any kind of 'delayed' freeze effects though. If it
feezes it has always done so immediately.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <***@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to ***@scode.org
E-Mail: ***@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org