Unrecognized PCMCIA using FreeBSD 4.10 on Gateway Laptop.
i***@bsdimp.com
2004-07-08 16:58:16 UTC
In message: <004f01c464a9$200e5f80$***@zeus>
"Bryce Alexander" <***@xanthworld.com> writes:
: I did notice that in the man page for pcic that the 02micro 6912 is not
: on the list of supported cardbus bridges and the warning that the 02
: micro chips may not work well.
:
:
:
: My question is if anyone knows the development status of the 02 micro
: chip support on the pcic, or if there are any patches or workarounds?

is pccardd enabled and running?

There's some changes in -current's newcard that work around issues
with the 02micro, but they haven't been ported to OLDCARD. Feel free
to port them, I'll commit them if you can test them.

Warner
b***@xanthworld.com
2004-07-10 00:07:20 UTC
hw.pcic.intr_path="1"
and reboot. It enables ISA interrupt routing.
It had no effect on the problem, I will be working with Warner Losh to
see if I can resolve this one.

Thanks for the suggestion!
d***@clovermail.net
2004-07-10 03:15:25 UTC
pccard: card inserted, slot 0
But in the case of my netgear 802.11b MA401 it should bring up a wi0
device, but it doesn't. Same for any type of pcmcia card.
I read somewhere that FreeBSD doesn't support hot insertion of pcmcia devices. I believe if you want FreeBSD to bring it up you have to configure everything and reboot. What you described happened to me before I got my card working.
--
Yours,

DMR
scott+
2004-07-10 14:34:24 UTC
Post by d***@clovermail.net
I read somewhere that FreeBSD doesn't support hot insertion of pcmcia
devices. I believe if you want FreeBSD to bring it up you have to
configure everything and reboot.
This is not correct. I've seen drivers for individual cards barf on eject,
but in general hot-swapping works just fine and always has.

Scott
Scott Mitchell | PGP Key ID | "Eagles may soar, but weasels
Cambridge, England | 0x54B171B9 | don't get sucked into jet engines"
scott at fishballoon.org | 0xAA775B8B | -- Anon