HELP FBSD WONT BOOT Toshiba Satelite A30
e***@eparsonage.com
2004-05-19 18:17:21 UTC
Hi all

Last night I asked for advice on installing XP and FreeBSD dual boot on a
Toshiba Satelite A30 Laptop

I went the Partition Magic route and have squashed XP up so I have 30GB of
disk spacce left. I then booted from the FBSD CD (First time I have done
this in years I have been upgrading with source.) Anyway I get an ascii
drawing of
daemond 7 choices and whatever I choose the damm thing reboots in a few
seconds before it has installed anything. Can anybody suggest what to do to
fix this sorry state of affairs ?

Eric
o***@sercon.de
2004-05-19 21:17:37 UTC
Hello,
I had this problem on various IBM Thinkpads.

I learned from this list that you have to escape to the boot prompt at the
loader prompt (option 6, I think) and do

set hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1"

(Later this goes to the loader.conf ...... ;-)

This is related to pccards, I image this could
be a problem on Toshiba also.

If this does not help you should sharpen your pencil,
stop the screen and copy the kernelpanic message
before the reboot.

--Orm