Intel PRO/100 CardBus II
m***@dsl.pipex.com
2004-04-30 10:48:19 UTC
Also, has anyone had any experience with this card? From the picture all
that I can see written on the card is

Intel PRO/100
CardBus II

I am thinking I should get a Xircom (aren't they Intel too or something?)

Thanks!
d***@langille.org
2004-04-30 12:22:34 UTC
The advantage of the realport cards are of course that you get a real
RJ45 connector built into the card, so you don't have to use a fragile
dongle or xjack..
I am using the Linksys EtherFast 10/100 PCCard. It has a full RJ45
connector. I've had two since early 2003 and I've havd no problem
with them. I prefer them over a dongled card.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - http://www.bsdcan.org/
c***@bariatricsupportcenter.com
2004-04-30 15:52:16 UTC
Unfortunately, you can't use one of these integrated cards and a
wireless card, unless you can find a wireless NIC that puts the antenna
bump on the bottom of the card.
I have a Buffalo WLI-PCM-L11GP 802.11b wireless card that has a flat
antenna (no bump on either side) so it can be used in the top or bottom
slot.

Just thought I'd point out that WiFi cards do exist without the dreaded
bump.

-Chris