Netgear MA401 and 4.x-STABLE
d***@langille.org
2004-07-19 01:00:10 UTC
Despite what it says on the hardware release notes and
http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops, I can't get a recently
acquired Netgear MA401 to appear under ifconfig.

FWIW, FreeSBIE panic'd if the Netgear MA401 is inserted when booting.
If added after boot, all is well. FWIW, I found a similar problem
with the cards provided by USENIX in Boston.

Should I be expecting this card to work under -STABLE. Everything
I've read indicates so.
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
p***@imagescape.com
2004-07-21 17:40:59 UTC
Post by d***@langille.org
Despite what it says on the hardware release notes and
http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops, I can't get a recently
acquired Netgear MA401 to appear under ifconfig.
FWIW, FreeSBIE panic'd if the Netgear MA401 is inserted when booting.
If added after boot, all is well. FWIW, I found a similar problem
with the cards provided by USENIX in Boston.
Should I be expecting this card to work under -STABLE. Everything
I've read indicates so.
Try adding the following line to /boot/loader.conf:

hw.pcic.intr_path="1"

and reboot. It enables ISA interrupt routing.

Puna