Acpi in 4.10-RC3?
h***@rootshell.be
2004-05-20 22:11:38 UTC
On Thu, 20 May 2004 23:12:46 +0200
Hello,
my kernel config of 4.10-RC3 has problems during poweroff.
I'd like to use the Generic kernel and enable it's APM.
How can one enable configuration settings that are disabled?
-Hanspeter
man acpi, man 4 apm, man apm
Does 4.10-RC3 offer ACPI?

-Hanspeter
a***@myrealbox.com
2004-05-20 22:50:27 UTC
Post by h***@rootshell.be
Does 4.10-RC3 offer ACPI?
Yes, there is ACPI support in 4.10-RC3, but it is not enabled in the
default kernel. You have to build a kernel with ACPI. The
handbook/manpages have well-documented infos on that.

Azamshul Azizy
part-time rock star
h***@rootshell.be
2004-05-21 22:47:51 UTC
Post by a***@myrealbox.com
Post by h***@rootshell.be
Does 4.10-RC3 offer ACPI?
Yes, there is ACPI support in 4.10-RC3, but it is not enabled in the
default kernel. You have to build a kernel with ACPI. The
handbook/manpages have well-documented infos on that.
Aha, there is `device acpica' in LINT. But `apropos acpi` yields
nothing and there is no acpid.
I guess it's less mature than the one in 5.2.

-Hanspeter