CURRENT is missing /dev/vga
f***@altpeter.de
2004-08-05 21:55:05 UTC
hi there,

it seems that i need a little help in solving this one.
I just updated 5.2-CURRENT and build a new world and kernel, rebootet fine
after mergemaster, but the X isn't starting anymore.
According to XFree86.log it's missing /dev/vga - i suppose it needs
'device vga' in kernel config, which is of course still present in my
kernel configuration.

Am i missing something? The /usr/src/UPDATING is in the top referencing to
an XFree86 entry dated with 20040724, which isn't present in the file.

With kind regards,

Frank Altpeter
--
FA-RIPE - ***@IRCNET - ***@ICQ
Member of the Open Business Club - http://www.openbc.com/
f***@altpeter.de
2004-08-05 22:24:00 UTC
Hello Frank Altpeter!
Post by f***@altpeter.de
hi there,
it seems that i need a little help in solving this one.
Ugh, forget this one - missed 'device mem' - one shouldn't update world
after 15 hours of work in a 30 degrees celsius environment :-)

With kind regards,

Frank Altpeter