Smooth Wireless
d***@langille.org
2004-07-19 15:39:49 UTC
=> If I leave a wireless zone and then hook-up an ethernet cord my computer
will not simply switch to the corded interface. I have to run sysinstall.
=> If I boot up with the ethernet configured and then enter a wireless zone, I
can't simply switch to the wireless - I have to run sysinstall.
=> If I go from one wireless zone to another, I have to run sysinstall.
What are you doing when you run sysinstall?
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
j***@uiowa.edu
2004-07-19 17:28:04 UTC
I go to configure->interfaces->ndis0 and select "configure as DHCP".

- Jason
r***@raadradd.com
2004-07-19 17:36:04 UTC
Post by j***@uiowa.edu
I go to configure->interfaces->ndis0 and select "configure as DHCP".
# /etc/rc.d/dhclient status

if it's not running then:

# dhclient ndis0 (you can use dhcleint -v ndis0 to see what it's doing)

else:

# /etc/rc.d/dhclient forcestop && dhcleint ndis0

You can also put ifconfig_ndis0="DHCP" in your rc.conf so that dhclient
is started everytime you boot.

-Radek
r***@raadradd.com
2004-07-19 18:31:24 UTC
Post by r***@raadradd.com
You can also put ifconfig_ndis0="DHCP" in your rc.conf so that dhclient
is started everytime you boot.
-Radek
I have ifconfig_bge0="DHCP" in my rc.conf already, and it seems that if I
add the wireless than my ethernet goes offline. Thank you for explaining
dhclient.
I think there's no way for dhclient to simultaneously handle more than
one interface at a time, so what I would do in such case was to invoke
dhclient manually, not from rc.conf.

-Radek
r***@raadradd.com
2004-07-19 19:21:23 UTC
Post by r***@raadradd.com
I think there's no way for dhclient to simultaneously handle more
than one interface at a time, so what I would do in such case was to
invoke dhclient manually, not from rc.conf.
dhclient can use multiple interfaces - just list them on the command
line..
Indeed, it can, I stand corrected.

-Radek